Puerto Rico Marriage Requirements
To get married in Puerto Rico you do not need to be a resident or an American citizen. Anyone under 21 years old must be accompanied by a parent. Before you can say "I Do", the laws in Puerto Rico require marriage applicants to comply the following rules:
1) The following lab tests are required: syphilis's, chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV. You can do the lab tests in the US and bring original results. The results must be dated within 14 days of your wedding day.
2) The marriage license needs to be sign by a Puerto Rican doctor within 10 days of the wedding.
In addition, please bring the following documents.
- A valid picture ID (Drivers License or Passport). Foreign citizens need to present a valid passport, visa or residence card (green card)
- Birth certificate
- Proof of all divorce decree or death certificate (if applicable)
- A $30.00 Internal Revenue stamp
Demographic Registry Visit:
$150.00 including, roundtrip transportation from hotel to demographic registry, assistance throughout the whole process and paper work. Also includes the delivery of marriage certificate two weeks after the wedding.